Apogee 2020 NEXT GEN Program Facilitator
Apply Online Below
Type of Employment: Part-Time
Reports to: Site Facilitator, Apogee 2020 NEXT GEN
Responsive to: Executive Director, Apogee 2020, Inc.
Position Summary: The Program Facilitator will work directly with after school students, providing support with day school and after school lessons and homework. Additionally, the Program Facilitator will provide students with positive relationship building techniques and provide supervision and instruction on a variety of STEM-based educational and enrichment activities.
- Understands and carries out the Apogee 2020 NEXT GEN Mission Statement with students
- Seek and use all program resources and other available resources to assist students in their academic, social, physical and emotional growth
- Assist Site Facilitator with the marketing and recruitment of students to the program
- Works with Site Facilitator and day school staff to identify student learning challenges and incorporate curriculum and supporting activities to address these challenges in the after school program
- Prepare daily lesson plans reflecting curriculum and supporting activities addressing student learning challenges
- Actively engage parents to support and participate in the program in appropriate ways
- Maintain a clean, safe, orderly site to encourage learning in a positive environment.
- Record student attendance and participation in the after school program using OpenSIS and other programs set up by the Apogee 2020, Inc.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- G.E.D. or high school diploma; Associate degree in education, management, youth development or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in direct work with youth and families preferred.
- Must enjoy working with children
- Possess understanding of educational systems
- Possess strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with large and diverse groups of students and adults.
- Possess basic understanding of youth development tenets.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Publisher.
- Demonstrated excellent time management and classroom management skills.
- Familiarity with lesson planning
- Able to manage multiple priorities, detail-oriented, with a strong work ethic.
- Strong critical thinking and problem resolution skills.
- Familiarity with quality criteria for after school programs.
A criminal history and Central Registry check must be completed prior to employment. Applicant must possess reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.